Saturday, September 8, 2012

Bike Rebuild

Now that I'm (almost) done settling into my new apartment, it's time to finally fix up up my old bike. I'm currently looking at new rims, new brakes, new chain, new hub, new tires, new handlebars, new this, and new that. The frame and seat are pretty much the only parts that will be left behind. I don't expect to finish it all in one go, but it'll be a fun project to work on over the fall. First up are new rims and tires so it'll at least be road-worthy for some autumn rides. 


I found these spare parts somewhere in some small-town, IN thrift shop. Although picturesque, I should probably keep looking.

While I'm on the hunt for spare parts, I'll be re-finishing a cafe table for the apartment.  My sander just arrived and I'm looking forward to playing with my new toy later today.


Of course, you can expect a few project photos to come from both endeavors.

Time for some apple cider while I enjoy the first day of fall temperatures here in Chicago.

Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment