Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Universal Monsters Coming Soon to Music Box Theatre


The week before Halloween, Music Box Theatre will be showing 13 monster movie classics from Universal Studios. 

The titles include: Dracula, The Mummy, Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, Creature from the Black Lagoon (in 3D!!!), as well as others yet to be announced.  Not listed, but also pictured in their program, is It Came from Outer Space.

Personally I'm most excited to see Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3DI don't expect the 3D effects to be amazing.  I've even heard horror stories from my mom about how headache-inducing the original red and blue 3D glasses can be.  Nonetheless, I can't wait to experience something from the past that I was born too late to appreciate.  No matter what film I see, The Music Box Theatre always fills me with an overwhelming sense of nostalgia - not just because I often go there for classic film screenings.  The large, traditional marquee out front; the classic ticket booth; the gold-colored concession stand with simple popcorn bags; a gorgeous red curtain (no annoying commercials before the film!); the murmur of the audience before the lights dim - it all transports me through time, back to when a day at the movies was truly magical.  

I can't think of a better way to celebrate Halloween this year.  Perhaps the theatre ghost will even make a special appearance? Hope to see you there!

-RA

No comments:

Post a Comment